Arizona Foster Care Agency
Agape foster families range in age from early 20s to early 70s. Some of them are caring for grandchildren, nieces and nephews, while others are caring for children with whom they have no pre-existing relationships.
Agape’s children statistics:
- The average age of the children in Agape’s home is six (6).
- The youngest child came into care at three (3) days old.
- The oldest child in the care of an Agape foster home is 17.
- Currently, the greatest need is for foster parents who are willing to care for children older than 12 and sibling groups. However, foster families who are willing to care for children of all ages are always needed!
- Most have siblings.
- Some have challenging behaviors.
- Many have unmet medical needs.
- Most need to maintain contact with siblings, parents and other significant people in their lives.
become a foster parent
First, you’ll need to know what is required of foster parents.
In Arizona, foster parents:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- May be married, single, divorced or widowed
- Be legal US and Arizona residents
- Be fingerprinted for a criminal history records check
- Be physically, mentally, emotionally and financially
able to care for children
- Provide at least five personal references
- Complete 30 hours of pre-service education curriculum
- Pass a basic home life-safety inspection
(home ownership not required)
- Have access to transportation
- Have a telephone or similar means of communication
in-home support, medical and dental services for the children,
respite care, and emergency support telephone numbers.
What’s the next step?
Home Study Services
Getting your foster care licensure requires a home study. Home studies consist of several meetings and the collection of important information about the social, emotional, physical and moral wellbeing on a household. Home studies help Agape, the Maricopa County Court officers and Arizona’s Department of Economic Security get to know the families who are requesting child placements as well as possible. Agape’s home study services are customized to minimize the intrusive feelings that families sometimes experience as all of the aspects of their lives are reviewed during the preparation process for child placement.
Start Your Foster Family
Fill out the form below to contact a member of our team to discuss your foster care options